DVC Pro HD Pal mixed with DV Pal anamorphic ?

Posted by Göran 
DVC Pro HD Pal mixed with DV Pal anamorphic ?
December 14, 2007 07:21AM
Hi all!
Does anyone know what size i should scale the DVC Pro HD clip and what aspect i should use to match the DV Pal anamorphic timeline?

Thank´s
Re: DVC Pro HD Pal mixed with DV Pal anamorphic ?
December 14, 2007 08:52AM
You shouldn't need to resize it as FCP does it automatically for you.

Create your DV PAL Anamorphic Timeline and drop the DVCproHD into it - voilá!

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 14, 2007 09:13AM
Well that´s not working at all actually.
But if I scale it down to 54% and set an aspect of 6 it looks about right.
How do make it work.
I have already DV Pal anamorphic clips in the timeline and when I add the HD clips it´s
the wrong aspect.
December 14, 2007 09:24AM
I´ve got it!

I tried to do it the way you described and that works like a charm. But when I drop the DV Pal anamorphic clip on that time line, those clips gets the wrong aspect instead.
So all I had to do was to find out how fcp converted the DVC Pro HD file when droped on a
DV Pal anamorphic timeline. When I checked the scale and aspect of that clip i was:
53,33% scale and 6,67 aspect.
Now I can just change all clips to that in the original time line...

Thank´s

Höran
December 14, 2007 09:30AM
Were your original clips shot in DV PAL Anamorphic? If so, you shouldn't have had to do any rescaling or Distort on those clips at all. Something is amiss.

I could be wrong, but I think maybe you're not used to seeing anamorphic, so when you see your clips vertically stretched you're considering it "wrong"? That's what anamorphic media is supposed to look like.

Either way, I think there's a bit more detective work to be done here. Select your original DV clips and press APPLE-9. Jot down the clip settings. Now select your timeline and press APPLE-0. Jot down those sequence settings. List the two sets of settings here and we'll go from there.

www.derekmok.com
December 14, 2007 12:16PM
Sorry Göran have you got it or are you still experiencing issues?

Basically

Make sure your Timeline is DV PAL Anamorphic

Make sure your Clips are DV PAL Anamorphic

Any DVCproHD that you drop in should resize automatically regardless of 720p or 1080i as long as they have the correct DVCproHD settings.

Let us know how you get on.

For instant answers to more than one hundred common FCP questions, check out the LAFCPUG FAQ Wiki here : [www.lafcpug.org]
December 17, 2007 02:47AM
Hey! Thank´s!
Of course I forgot to check the anamorphic box in the timeline settings, actually that´s
the first time i missed that.
Well I have to say that I´ve learnt a very good lesson!

Thank you guys, you´re the best!

Göran
December 17, 2007 05:04PM
You're welcome...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics