Downgrading quicktime...

Posted by strypes 
Downgrading quicktime...
December 15, 2007 03:43PM
[www.apple.com]

Okay, I've had enough of capture freezes... i found qt 7.2 should i just delete my quicktime 7.3 and install quicktime 7.2 by deleting package contents? I'm on a G5, leopard, 6.0.2, are there any side effects like codecs that 7.2 doesn't support?
Re: Downgrading quicktime...
December 15, 2007 03:48PM
Damned! this is ridiculous! QT 7.2 doesn't run on leopard! Anyone having problems capturing firewire dv on qt 7.3?
December 15, 2007 04:08PM
Not with the current version of FCP.
December 15, 2007 04:58PM
Hmm... Anyone running Leopard, QT 7.2 AND final cut 6.0.2? Does it support dvcpro HD 720p50/25? And what are the steps i should take to downgrade the @#$^quicktime?
December 15, 2007 05:47PM
Leopard has to use QT7.3.
December 16, 2007 12:13AM
strypes Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hmm... Anyone running Leopard, QT 7.2 AND final
> cut 6.0.2? Does it support dvcpro HD 720p50/25?
> And what are the steps i should take to downgrade
> the @#$^quicktime?

No...I stick with stable systems. There is absolutely no reason to upgrade to Leopard...in fact, there are several reasons NOT to. You are experiencing one of those reasons. Seriously, when you have a good stable system, do not upgrade. If you do...CLONE YOUR SYSTEM DRIVE.

And no, you cannot go back to QT 7.2 just by deleting things. You have to reinstall the OS. Archive and Install is the easiest way.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 17, 2007 12:59AM
MacFixit.com recently had a recipe for down-stalling QuickTime without reinstalling the entire OS, sorry I didn't copy it. Seems a lot of bits need to be removed by hand from various system folders.

It begs the question-- there are play-along app formulas for FCP versions. Have the variables been codified in a table in the FAQ or elsewhere? It can drive you crazy putting the right stew together and keeping it-- it's tempting to upgrade stuff.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Instantly clear BOTH In-Out Marks with Option- X !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack- the ideal affordable gift
for confused colleagues.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
December 17, 2007 06:20AM
BS"D

Okay, so does anyone know how to get rid of QT 7.3? My capture freezes are just a nightmare!

I'm working on an eMac, G4 1ghzPower PC processor, OSX 10.3.9, 512mb Ram, FCP 4.5. Not the most up-to-date, yet it worked great until QT 7.3!!!

TIA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics