Way OT: Photoshop problem
December 20, 2007 05:17PM
Just in case anyone knows - working in Photoshop CS2, for some reason today the "Save for Web" option is grayed out in the File menu, no matter what image I am working with.

I transferred my licensed PS CS2 to this computer a couple of weeks ago, using Migration Assistant, and re-authenticated it successfully. I can't remember for sure, but I think this is the first time I've tried to use Save for Web since then. Is this a plug-in? Anyone know how I can get this feature back?

Scott
Re: Way OT: Photoshop problem
December 20, 2007 11:55PM
I don't believe its a plug-in.

Does it matter what mode your in, 8bit, 32bit, etc?
December 21, 2007 12:13AM
No, I don't think it's a plug-in either, but I can't otherwise explain why a certain feature would be unavailable. I do all my PS work in 8 bit, now and before. I've tried different files, including ones I've Saved to Web with before, same problem. I'm considering a reinstall, but hope to find a solution short of that.

I just noticed something else - the Filters menu is way abbreviated, not nearly as full of options as the CS2 I have on my Mac Pro. None of the Extract, Filter Gallery, etc., and only a handful of the filter classes below that. Something ain't right...

I've posted this on the COW Photoshop forum, not much response yet. I appreciate any bright ideas.

Scott
December 21, 2007 12:17AM
Try trashing your PS preferences. You may need to re-install if that doesn't work. I think the damaged plug is called something like 'Adobe Imageready', but I can't quite remember. It's a fairly commonish problem.

December 21, 2007 12:36AM
Imageready is a separate application, and it is working, including "Save Optimized" which is the Imageready equivalent of Save for Web in PS. I'll try trashing prefs, though. That should have occurred to me first, as an FCP user winking smiley.

Scott
Re: Way OT: Photoshop problem RESOLVED
December 21, 2007 01:06PM
Trashing prefs did nothing, but reinstalling fixed it. I was worried that I would get into an activation nightmare by reinstalling on the same computer, but in fact it went seamlessly, no questions asked.

Thanks for trying!

Scott
December 21, 2007 02:14PM
Never "migrate" apps. Always do fresh installs. By the time you ask / read / apply suggestions here, you could have been reinstalled & up & running.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 21, 2007 02:20PM
Yeah, I'm pretty leery of that method, but it has never failed me before this. Fortunately I wasn't in a time bind this time.

Scott
December 21, 2007 04:24PM
". I was worried that I would get into an activation nightmare by reinstalling on the same computer"

You lost an activation credit. And there are not many. I recommend you go to Help > Deactivate before re-installing.

Adolfo Rozenfeld
Buenos Aires - Argentina
www.adolforozenfeld.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics