OT ffmpegx export?

Posted by Kozikowski 
OT ffmpegx export?
January 07, 2008 08:06PM
It's a given that ffmpegx is the go-to program for managing MPEG1/VCDs. At least that's what the forum search thinks and I believe them.

I'd be happy if it could produce a real, single VCD file like me_waving.mpg, but no. I get two files, me_waving.mp2 and me_waving.mpv. One sound and the other picture. This is not useful and no matter what I set or click, that or a version of that is what results.

We have a commercial client that requires multiplexed mpeg1. We're making them with TMPGEnc on a PC. That works perfectly, but, seriously, how many different computers and engineers does it take.......?

Koz
Re: OT ffmpegx export?
January 07, 2008 08:39PM
Um, is it Bitvice that does this? I think Bitvice helper can do your muxing.

Check it out

[www.bobhudson.com]

Free.

January 07, 2008 08:44PM
Hey Koz,

I've done this with FFMpeg. 2 years ago probably. Unfortunately, all I can tell you about it now is it was a pain, but I made it happen. It can definitely be done.

FFmpeg is finicky about your input file, so make sure that is something that it can deal with - but I presume you've already been there....
January 07, 2008 08:44PM
Or maybe this one - not positive Bitvice does MPEG1 anymore

[mac.softpedia.com]

January 08, 2008 01:09AM
I will investigate.

We have the delicate task of urging the client to get QuickTime Player without making them feel like Paleolithic Lifeforms.

Anybody writing checks can be any kind of lifeform they want.

Koz
January 11, 2008 02:03AM
Toast can Make VCD's cant it?
is that of any use?
or do you just want a "VCD-type" file?
is this known as answering a question with a question?
or with five questions?

nick
January 11, 2008 02:08AM
Good idea Nick.

you could make the VCD in Toast, but save it as a disc image, then just rip the folders off?
January 11, 2008 05:16PM
A problem I bet y'all don't have...

Somewhere in the building, I think there's a license for Toast. It used to be one of the Avids, but then it got moved to one of the production Macs. Somewhere.

And yes, it's ironic that our machines won't support MPEG1, a format that was supported in hardware on my Mac 7600.

Maybe that's my solution. I still have that Mac. I know where the keyboard and mouse are. Let's see, I need that silly Mac monitor adapter with the dials on it.

Koz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics