Reconnect multiple files not working

Posted by bacbac 
Reconnect multiple files not working
January 08, 2008 07:56PM
I have created a project and digitized all the material for the project. I now have an alternate sequence which I have opened and I want to RECONNECT the same media used in the new sequence to the already captured material. When I highlight the Bin contents, or the Timeline on seperatae attempts, the reconnect process only allows me to reconnect one clip at a time. I have checked the feature for match reel names and also reconnect files in a similar path. I have seen it work once only where the lower window fills with all the offline clips and when I connect all are online as a result.
Lately it refuses to connect more than one at a time. Help!! I don't want to redigitize the material again when it is already available and online in the other version of the sequence. All parameters for the clips are the same.
What else can I do to accomplish this group reconnect?

Thanks in advance for your educated response.
Re: Reconnect multiple files not working
January 08, 2008 08:50PM
Have you checked "Reconnect all media in relative path"

Andreas
January 08, 2008 09:53PM
This was a known bug in earlier versions. What software version are you using?

If the answer is "not the latest" then upgrade. There is no other workaround.

Mark
January 08, 2008 10:10PM
Why does the new Sequence have offline media anyway?

One thing to try is to re-create the file path that had existed when the media was online. That can be more trouble than it's worth, though. When I do encounter this issue, I just reconnect the first clip and then press "Right Arrow, Return" repeatedly. If a matching file is there, it will reconnect; if no file matches, pressing Return won't do anything.

I haven't nailed down what causes this either, but in my experience I'm pretty sure it's not a version-number thing, but has something to do with specific drives and files for certain projects. Where is your media? Could there be illegal characters in your drive or file names?

www.derekmok.com
January 08, 2008 11:13PM
yes checked that feature, and went as far as to highlight all the captured medi in the drive directory.

Still I can only connect one at a time.
January 08, 2008 11:14PM
it is the latest version 6.xx. I have seen it do the job once but never again.
January 08, 2008 11:15PM
I can't imagine doing this for 375 clips!
January 08, 2008 11:17PM
> and went as far as to highlight all the captured medi in the drive directory.

That does absolutely nothing for FCP. Back to my first question: Why was the media offline in the first place?

Might also try copying and pasting that Sequence to a new project and do the reconnect from there.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics