Anyone running FCS2 on a Powerbook G4?

Posted by John K 
Anyone running FCS2 on a Powerbook G4?
January 10, 2008 02:29PM
Still working on my Pbook 15"G4 1.6 (damn Santa, didn't you get my list?)

Running FCS1 on it now, mostly because I take it on the road with a particular client who is also on v5. But I'm starting to get more jobs on v6 so I think I should upgrade (and keep the old version on there too just to be safe). Anybody running FCS2 on their G4 book? Any problems? I figure Color is a write-off but as long as I can get FCP, Motion and Livetype running then I'll be OK...

JK

January 10, 2008 07:57PM
Hi John,

I am also a dinosaur. I am looking to upgrade to a HD Cam and came on here tonight looking to find out whether people use the "new" models with only HD storage with FCP...

I have only the 1 GHz PB (Late 2004, I think) and I have v6 installed. I get warnings saying that I need a 1.25 mhz processor, minimum....

I am able to do some very basic stuff, editing, Col Corr., etc... But I went ahead with the install knowing that I'm going to get a new machine come Macworld (I hope). I use 6.0.2 on a tower, and so transfered the project to my PB, did a few edits while on the road, and then moved project back to Tower. I didn't do anything intensive like Exporting to QT.

Your 1.6 MHZ machine would probably not even warn you off when installing.

I did not even install Color. And I get the above warning with all the components. But Motion does load.

BOTTOM LINE, however, --- I am saying that it runs, but I only installed this for "fun." I do not have any current projects right now, and I don't know that I'd trust the older machine to upgrade a 5.1 project.

my two cents...
Bill
bj
Re: Anyone running FCS2 on a Powerbook G4?
January 10, 2008 11:29PM
G4-1.5GHZ 17"
FCP 2 runs well
Color is installed and runs but have never used it.
Does i need for now.....
BJ
January 11, 2008 12:05AM
PB 1.67 Mhz...2GB RAM...Motion 3 is sluggish, but other than that...no issues.

Except that Title 3D crashes FCP...because I am running leopard.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
January 11, 2008 10:56PM
yeah my powerbook runs the whole suite, sans Color, with no problems. Most of my latest jobs have all been DVCProHD and while Motion hesitate a whole lot more than i'd like, FCP handles everything just fine. All the other enhancements have made it worth it..

=S=
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics