FCS centric review of Mac Pro

Posted by bscenefilms 
FCS centric review of Mac Pro
January 27, 2008 03:16PM
I did a review of the new Mac Pro 8 core using only FCS apps and contrasting it to a 2007 4 core machine. Check it out at [bscenefilms.blogspot.com]
Re: FCS centric review of Mac Pro
January 27, 2008 03:43PM
Nice job man, that was very informative. I have the same 2.66 machine and was wondering how it stacked up...

IF you had been looking to replace the BigMac with the Angus (rather than get a 2nd machine) do you think it would have been worth it? Or is the difference not enough to justify trading in the old machine for the new one?

JK

January 27, 2008 04:31PM
I think it's a REALLY close call. In theory, twice as many cores, faster bus speed and faster core speed (just a nudge, really) I actually expected a bit more. One of the things I did not mention in that review though was when I loaded up the project on the 4 core, the render bar was red and it would not play before a render.

On Angus, the render bar was orange and it played RT just fine. Probably that fact alone (the additional level of interactivity) might have prompted me to sell the BigMac and buy the Angus. When you have unreasonable deadlines - and who doesn't... That additional boost can make a real difference.
Re: FCS centric review of Mac Pro
January 28, 2008 04:37AM
good job !

( THIS is a Fcs centric review)

Color should improve a great deal with it's "real" integration into Fcs

---------------------------------
A Day late & a Dollar-short Productions
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics