P2 Tip

Posted by jusrus 
P2 Tip
January 29, 2008 02:27AM
hey all,

I'm sure all you experienced P2-ers know all about this, but I didn't, and it killed me for a good 3 minutes till Google solved it.

All files from a P2 store once copied appear as locked. There are a lot of files from each P2 card. Changing the status one by one would be silly and time consuming.

Hold Shift while you select 'Empty Trash.' This should override locked protection.

A handy tip for new P2-ers, and a handy OSX tip in general.

Sorry if everyone knew this - I didn't - and it wasn't in the donkey...
Re: P2 Tip
January 29, 2008 03:45AM
apple option shift delete, empties your thrash and overrides all locked file problems
January 29, 2008 10:22AM
I didn't know this until I dumped several hours worth going through one at a time and unlocking one by one...teeth clinched that someone didn't think to make this easier. One day my web designer told me about option-empty and I saw the light.
February 01, 2008 06:16PM
THANK YOU X 10
I did not know that and that will save me from spending 45 minutes next time on unlocking.
February 01, 2008 09:15PM
You guys have been unlocking? Man...I feel for you. I figured this out a while ago.

Thanks for posting the tip JusRus.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 01, 2008 09:32PM
> Changing the status one by one would be silly and time consuming.

If you select over 10 files or so in OS and press APPLE-I, you can unlock all of them at once. That is, if you don't want to Trash them yet. You're able to select multiple items and show only one Info window by pressing APPLE-OPTION-I.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics