Crazy Synch issues with export.

Posted by Ethan 
Crazy Synch issues with export.
February 01, 2008 12:45AM
So, I'm helping out a buddy. He shot some stuff on the HVX, and it isn't synching to second system sound. I look at it and some of it's too fast and some too slow.

Somehow his setting's got messed with and he shot slow-mo on some. Then he had a "firestore issue." and the raw mxf files would not import from the firestore, Compressor however recognized the files so he used it to create DVCPRO HD 720p 29.97 files. The firestore seemed to only record 6 minutes at a shot. So he had to keep turning the camera back on.

I sped these 6, 6 minute pieces up by 156% and then slid them along the timeline. Laboriously looking for synch points. It works in the timeline. Export is a different matter. Each section begins at the correct spot in the timeline, but the clip starts at the wrong point and ends at the wrong point.

We are about to print to tape and re-import, but would love a solution that doesn't include tape or purchasing something. And a technical perspective on why FCP is grabbing the wrong spot when making new QT files.

Thanks for reading the nightmare.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics