New P2 user, import problem

Posted by matt sutherland 
New P2 user, import problem
February 05, 2008 08:32PM
Hey Everyone,

I'm brand new to the forum here, I hope you can help.

I shot HD for the first time with an HVX200 (shot at 720p30fps) and I'm having trouble getting the clips to show in FCP 6.0.2.

I watched the Shane Ross tutorial on Creative Cow (and it's great by the way) my problem is that I follow the tutorial and when I click on the "Add Folder" icon in the top left of the "Log and Transfer" box, I see my folder that contains the "CONTENTS" folder and the "LASTCLIP.TXT" file, I then choose my folder and nothing shows up in the "Log and Transfer" box.

Could there be something off in my settings?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt
Re: New P2 user, import problem
February 05, 2008 10:13PM
Do you happen to have FX Factory Pro by Noise Industries installed? Version 1 and 2 caused P2 import to not even see the Contents folder. Remove it, or download the update (free for version 2 people....making it version 2.01) and then things should be working.

[lfhd.blogspot.com]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
February 06, 2008 12:25PM
Unbelievable. I do have FX Factory Pro and that was exactly the problem. How did anyone ever figure that out? Now it works perfectly. Shane you're unbelievable.

Thank you soooooooooo much!
February 06, 2008 12:30PM
It took 3 days...wiping my drive, installing the OS from scratch, and then installing things one at a time, checking import after each install. It took a lot of TIME

[lfhd.blogspot.com]

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
February 06, 2008 02:31PM
Hey Shane,

I don't have FX Factory, but I do have Sapphire Plug-ins. I uninstalled those, repaired permissions and still no P2 import option. Argh...

Help is much appreciated.

2.8 GHz octo-core Mac Pro
4GB RAM
FCP 6.0.2
OS 10.5.1
February 06, 2008 02:50PM
#36 - One or More P2 files failed to import.

Shane's Stock Answer #36 - "One or more clips failed to import..."

Very often in the field with this camera the camera operator will delete clips from the P2 card that they just don't like. That is the beauty of this camera. But, the still for that video file (located in the CLIP folder in the CONTENTS folder)...the still that you see when you are in the P2 Import window...is not deleted. So you will see the image, and the name, but the video file would have been deleted.

What you can do it compare the file names in the VIDEO folder and CLIP folder and see if anything is missing. If something is, then you know what the problem is. You can then just import the rest a few at time, skipping that one.

ALSO...in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

ALSO...make sure your file names aren't too long. Try shortening them and see if that works.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
February 06, 2008 04:51PM
Still gives me no clue why there is no choice for P2 import on 6.0.2. I'm going to try downgrading to an earlier version of Quicktime. If that doesn't work, so begins the long process of converting everything on my Sonnet Dual 1.8GHz PowerMac G4 (which has FCP 5.1 and runs on 10.4.9) then transferring it to the Mac Pro. What a pain in the...neck...
February 06, 2008 05:06PM
The name has been changed to LOG AND TRANSFER.

Sorry, I misunderstood your question.

Here is the current P2 import tutorial

[library.creativecow.net]

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
February 06, 2008 05:30PM
Thank you thank you! Whatever they're paying you, it isn't enough, Shane. You just saved my butt. Much appreciated.
February 06, 2008 05:35PM
I'll see if they can't double what I make doing this.

Two nuthin's is nuthin'.

Ahh poop.

www.shanerosseditor.com

[itunes.apple.com]
February 06, 2008 05:37PM
Well, you're a good man for helping us out. ;-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics