Using Compressor for the first time

Posted by kmaultsby 
Using Compressor for the first time
February 12, 2008 03:57AM
I know this is a newbie question but went you go into batch to set your setting for example MPED-2 5.0Mbps 2-pass 4:3 is that just the video or is that audio and video. Do I need to add another entry for audio? It was not clear when I was reading the manual.
Re: Using Compressor for the first time
February 12, 2008 01:09PM
MPEG-2 is video only...you need to add a different export setting for audio

what you can do is go into your Apple Settings for DVD export and then drag the entire folder onto your clip and it will apply all the settings in that folder, which includes audio settings
Re: Using Compressor for the first time
March 05, 2008 06:36PM
Scott Erickson Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> MPEG-2 is video only...you need to add a different
> export setting for audio
>
> what you can do is go into your Apple Settings for
> DVD export and then drag the entire folder onto
> your clip and it will apply all the settings in
> that folder, which includes audio settings

I'm using a Mac G5 with FCP 6.0.2.

Two questions:

I had a company ask me to upload a production to their FTP site for broadcast distribution. Their specs were "our preferred file format is Mpeg2 (4:2:2 encoded at 18Mbps or higher). If you?re unable to create Mpeg2 files, then our second choice would be QT 7 or .mov files." When I sent the MPEG-2 file plus an audio file, they said to combine these into a single file. Can that be done? I had used FCP Export > Using Quicktime Conversion.

Where do you find the Apple Settings for DVD export - is that in Compressor? If so, where is it, and can I drag the folder you mention to a sequence rather than to a clip?

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics