Reconnecting conflict!

Posted by Gregory O'Toole 
Reconnecting conflict!
February 13, 2008 04:35PM
Hey all!

So I have been working with DVCPROHD footage, which we recently down-converted for an SD delivery. I kept all the file names the exact same, and replaced the original HD footage with the new converted SD footage, in the exact same filepaths.

About half of the footage reconnects perfectly. The other half gives me a "conflict" error which means that I need to reconnect each clip individually. As I do so, the "search" function is able to find them easily and reconnect just fine.

All the footage has the exact same settings to start and finish. Is there a way to force it ignore "conflicts" and reconnect anyways?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
greg

FCP 6.0.2
Re: Reconnecting conflict!
February 13, 2008 06:37PM
What I do to avoid conflicts is to downconvert to a completely dedicated drive (or two), and then *dismount the drive(s)* containing the original material and then reconnect. FCP goes looking for the available dirves and locating SD footage should be easy, and even automatic.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Copy filters from previous clip to current with Control -3!

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
Re: Reconnecting conflict!
February 14, 2008 12:32PM
Loren
Thanks for the response.

That is essentially what I did, except that I deleted the HD stuff from the drives (it is backed up elsewhere)

The problem is not finding the material, it is the fact that the fps has changed and FC won't accept that it is the same file - it keeps saying there is a conflict and not reconnecting any of the other files in that directory.

g
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics