dv at low res

Posted by oxyghen 
dv at low res
June 26, 2001 01:22AM
<HTML>I'm working on huge project 110x60 tapes or more. I'm transcoding the DV footage with the photojpeg codec as an offline res with plans of re-capturing DV after i cut sequences. Has anyone had experience with this ? are there any pitfalls. it seems to be working as best i can tell with my tests I can get quite a bit more footage online by doing this. but i'm worried that when i try to recapture footage that something will go wrong or that there is some secret reason I shouldn't be able to do this it seems too easy. Any comfort or warnings greatly appreciated.</HTML>
Re: dv at low res
June 26, 2001 02:11AM
<HTML>There will be a summary of the low res capture a few days after the demo at the next meeting this Wednesday night. So far my only problems have been with dropped frames but I use a G3. And who cares about dropped frames when you off line. As far as recapture, that isn't a problem with 2.0

mike</HTML>
June 26, 2001 03:26AM
<HTML>beautiful</HTML>
ada
June 27, 2001 03:00PM
<HTML>The accuracy of the recapturing process can depend upon the dv machine that you are capturing from. If you are using a quality stand-alone dv player than it should be no problem. If you are using a dv camera to capture from than it can lead to problems of slight inaccuracy during recapturing due to the fact that cameras are not designed to be professional dv players and therefore often set the tape itself in a few frames differently each time played. Final Cut gets the numbers right...but your camers might not. So beware if you are doing precision work.</HTML>
June 27, 2001 03:15PM
<HTML>Good point ada. Generally cameras should never be used for capturing quite simply because their delicate innards are not designed for that abuse and you will abuse it if capturing and playing back from it often. Thus more trips to the store for a tune up. As for the accuracy I can't vouch for that but it makes some good sense.

mike</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics