Best Chroma Key

Posted by goofo 
Best Chroma Key
February 22, 2008 05:20PM
What is the best chroma keyer for FCP? I am prepping for the switch from Avid and need to suggest plug-ins to purchase.

Thanks,

Joel
Re: Best Chroma Key
February 22, 2008 05:52PM
DV GARAGE MAKES A GREAT PRODUCT dvmattepro

If you have after effects - Keylight is outstanding - Motion has a great built in keyer --

but Final Cut's will work fine if you have properly lit source material -- DV takes a lot more work to pull a clean key -- it compresses out too much color -- Uncompressed Beta is better - HD is better as long as it's not highly compressed
February 22, 2008 07:34PM
search the forum. weve covered this only a few times fewer than "how do i get a dvd into fcp?"
February 23, 2008 11:17AM
Yes, a search would definitely have yielded the info for you, But as long as we're here, let me second the recommendation of DVGARAGE products. I'm using the cheaper sibiling of DV Matte Pro -- Blast -- and it's AMAZING. The keys it pulls on DV and even HD footage are really clean, and practically dead-on when first applied. The edges of around your subjects are incredibly smooth, compared to other products that come out jagged and require a second filter. And it renders very quickly too. I also like the company and the way they sell the software: you can download a free trial to try it out for yourself, and when you buy it you get training videos and sample footage that walk you through it. Highly recommended!!

JK

February 23, 2008 12:08PM
I've had some good results from Color. Don't know how it compares with other options mentioned above.
February 23, 2008 01:13PM
V-Scope key might be worth a look, too.

[www.dvdxdv.com]

nick
February 23, 2008 01:16PM
We use "Advantedge" by Ultimatte, the people that practically invented chroma keying.

[www.ultimatte-software.com]

This is hands down the best, most effective keyer we've found. It also works with After effects, so ;you have some flexibility there.

As you might guess, it ain't cheap. Approx $1,380 per seat. But you do get what you pay for. If you do multiple keys day in and day out, this program is a must have.

Mark
February 23, 2008 04:05PM
Keylight in After Effects is what I use & like very much...and it's free.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 23, 2008 04:21PM
It's free when you buy After Effects.
February 23, 2008 04:54PM
Correct...it comes with After Effects. Thanks Tom.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

February 25, 2008 07:16PM
For all those who chimed in, thanks alot.
I really appreciate all of your thoughts.

Joel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics