On capture Video sticks!

Posted by Lesley 
On capture Video sticks!
February 23, 2008 02:26PM
When capturing a list of clips, using 'log clip' and 'batch', when I play the clips in the viewer about half way through the video freezes leaving the audio playing, often for about a minute and a half in a 10 minute clip, then resumes, putting everything out of synch. I've even replaced my 400gig Lacie FW hard drive with a new 500gig, and found that using a different camera it still does it. So I guess it must be in FCP. Please help, it's driving me mad.
Re: On capture Video sticks!
February 23, 2008 04:03PM
What version of FCP and Quicktime do you have? A friend of mine had FCP 4.5 and had this exact problem once he upgraded his Quicktime beyond version 7.2. Had to upgrade his FCP or go back to Quicktime 7.2 to get capture to work properly again.
February 23, 2008 11:17PM
FCP4.5 doesn't play nice with QuickTime 7. The "good" combinations are FCP4.5/QuickTime 6 and FCP5/QuickTime 7.

One more thing to check: Are any of your drives or the computer set to go to sleep? Those options (under Power Save in System Preferences) should always be set to "Never".

www.derekmok.com
February 24, 2008 12:42PM
Thanks Tim and Derek, and yes I have upgraded to QT 7.2. I'd be v happy to go back to QT 6 if I knew how to! (I should have asked this question before buying a new hard drive.) Go to sleep is set to never. Lesley
February 24, 2008 05:23PM
Hi Lesley,

Here is how to go back.

[www.macfixit.com]

but rather than use the QT 7 listed on this page, go to the link below for all past version of QT

[www.digitalrebellion.com]

--ken
February 24, 2008 05:49PM
Thanks so much for this. I'll 'downgrade' straight away. Lesley
February 25, 2008 05:37AM
Just one more question. I am currently editing two different projects on FCP. If I attempt to downgrade to QT6 will it affect these - i.e. can I do it mid project? Thanks. Lesley
February 26, 2008 12:56PM
BS"D

It's definitely the Quick Time 7.3, which began my problems in November. I now capture everything in clips of only 4 minutes in length.

I'm running FCP 4.5 with OSX 10.4.11 on an eMac, 1ghz, 512mb Ram.

Does anyone know if I can undo the QT 7.3 and get myself back to normal "capture" life again?
February 26, 2008 06:48PM
Here's how to downgrade Quicktime from the FAQ : Downgrading Quicktime

Although, this is basically a repeat of what Ken posted two messages above yours in this thread.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics