adjusting filters while looping without setting keyframes

Posted by healdsburger 
adjusting filters while looping without setting keyframes
March 01, 2008 09:22PM
I am making my way through Michael Wohl's "Beyond the Basics FCP 6" book and I have run into a problem. Wohl says to loop the playback while adjusting the parameters of the Compressor/Limiter filter. Trouble is whenever I do this while looping, keyframes get set instead of applying the adjustment to the entire clip. Is there anyway to stop keyframes from being set?
Re: adjusting filters while looping without setting keyframes
March 01, 2008 09:42PM
Just a hunch.. but under User Preferences > in the "editing" tab: there's a little check box for "Record Audio keyframes" - uncheck that and try again. I haven't tried it, so tell us if that worked.
March 01, 2008 10:01PM
You don't have to set keyframes to loop a clip or portion thereof in the first place. If anything, you set In-Out marks. Shift-Backslash will play a selected clip or In to Out. Apply an audio filter to the clip, doubleclick it to open it in its Viewer>Filters pane, and start timeline Loop Playback. Make certain Looping is enabled-- Control - L.

Let playback loop and tweak filter settings, listen for result.

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Adjust video or audio gain with Command-Option-L !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
March 01, 2008 10:11PM
Loren,

My question isn't about how to loop. It's about how to adjust the audio filter while looping without having fcp set keyframes. I don't want keyframes set. I want an overall adjustment.

masterbluestar,

Thanks, I will check that out and get back to you.
March 01, 2008 10:15PM
Thanks Masterbluestar,

That did the trick!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics