Wave audio files into a 23.98 project

Posted by Larry Garb 
Wave audio files into a 23.98 project
March 05, 2008 01:17PM
I have wave audio files that are 29.97 and I'm inporting them into my 23.98 project and as I play the audio it goes out of sync as I play along getting more and more out of sync as I play more of the sequence. What is that I'm doing wrong? I thought that audio would drop right in since it is based on Frequency not time code.
tks
lg
Re: Wave audio files into a 23.98 project
March 05, 2008 03:37PM
It is, but...

Open the music in QuickTime and Press Apple-I and see what the frequency is. Then figure out what the track standard is on your project.

Can you tell if the work is about one frame per minute off sync? That's about the difference between 23.98 and 24.00.

People have had troubles importing 44.1 and expecting it to play accurately at 48.00.

Koz
March 05, 2008 04:35PM
It's probably not the sample rate (you can look in FCP as well for it)
It's probably the way FCP handles audio on import and how you did import the files.

Before writing everything again you may have a look at that thread on Yahoo where I explained a bit more - though it was a 29.97 or 30 project.
Wave timecode troubles
But all the stuff I said there is the same for 23.98. To be a bit more specific I(we) need your FCP version.

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
March 05, 2008 04:43PM
I'm using FCP version 7.2
March 05, 2008 05:05PM

I'm using FCP version 7.2
Larry you're far ahead of us all smiling smiley

Maybe you mean 6.0.2??

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
March 06, 2008 09:33AM
Sorry I mean 6.2 here is wht I have noticed that when I bring the audio into my project and look and the logging info it says the the TC rate is 30. Is there any way to bring in the audio files so they say 24 for the TC rate? I tried to change them and the final cut wont let me. any help would be great.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics