File I / O error when exporting a quicktime movie

Posted by CalvinD 
File I / O error when exporting a quicktime movie
March 11, 2008 12:28PM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to export a quicktime movie from final cut pro 5 and after it's about 20% complete I get a "File I/O error" and I must quit. My media is on an internal media drive and an external firewire drive. Everything seeimed to be working ok until my color corrector put a quicktime of the whole show on the external firewire. I thought maybe the drive was too full so I removed the Quicktime but the problem persists.

System info

PowerPC G5
Dual 1.8 Ghz
1.25 GB
OS 10.3.9

Help me Obi Wan you're my only hope.
Re: File I / O error when exporting a quicktime movie
March 11, 2008 12:55PM

Everything seeimed to be working ok until my color corrector put a quicktime of the whole show on the external firewire.

...wha? Your CC put a quicktime somewhere? I don't get it...

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 11, 2008 01:01PM
> ...wha? Your CC put a quicktime somewhere? I don't get it...

I think he meant colorist -- the person doing the correcting, not the FCP feature Color Corrector. A little word amusement for today, yes?

Try exporting to another drive location. And check your file name for illegal characters. Exactly how full are your drives -- all your drives?

www.derekmok.com
March 11, 2008 02:05PM
Technically a person who does encoding is called a Compressor? grinning smiley

How long is the video you're trying to export? Is everything rendered before export?
March 11, 2008 02:07PM
And just deleting the file isn't enough - make sure you empty the trash to make it really go away and recover the space.

Scott
March 12, 2008 02:28AM
I had a problem recently with having my render files stored on a FW400 drive while the 720p material is being read from an ext. SATA. They didn't play nice and I would get that File I/O error. Once I changed my scratch disk to the SATA I could export again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics