inexpensive control surface for color ?

Posted by larkis 
inexpensive control surface for color ?
March 21, 2008 01:10PM
Are there any inexpensive control surfaces for color grading one can get ? Something in the 1000 range or under ? I don't need anything super sophisticated, but being able to manipulate 2 or 3 things at once would be helpful.
Re: inexpensive control surface for color ?
March 21, 2008 02:06PM
I don't think you'll find any surfaces for under 6 or 7 grand as they are a pretty low volume item.
Here is a good review of the "low-end" JL Cooper control panel.

-A
March 21, 2008 02:22PM
Coming to the SuperMeet at NAB, April 16. We are giving away an EclipseCX

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
March 23, 2008 06:53PM
Apple didn't have much time to update
Color before FCS 2 was introduced. Hopefully in the next version for Color they will add support for the Tascam control surfaces that many of us use FCP & Motion (FCP using Cubase protocol & Motion using Midi).

If Color Correction can be done in Motion by using the pots & sliders to automate the changes using Midi, it should be possible to implement this also in Color 2. Of course if on has the space & budget to accommodate both types of control surfaces, that's lovely.

Dave
March 23, 2008 07:24PM
I am kind of hoping that they don"t put all their eggs in the MIDI basket. These people
[www.euphonix.com]
and these people
[www.jazzmutant.com]
are using ethernet interfaces that allow for much more connectivity options not to mention the ability to put units at a further distance from your CPU and that ethernet is already built in to every Mac.

I am not holding out much hope mind you but it's worth a mention.

ak
Sleeplings, AWAKE!
March 25, 2008 12:15AM
Interesting gear Andrew, but I'm not going to hold my breath that Apple's going to give us access to get full value out of these units. I'd be tempted to go an MC Mix & MC Control, but not with Apple's lackluster
support for control surfaces in FCP & STP.

Control surface support in FCS 1 seemed promising, but zero progression with FCS 2 was a disappointment. Perhaps another casualty to due programer time diverted to the iPhone. Maybe next year in FCS 3 we'll get the chance to use this stuff. I haven't had a chance as yet to digest the implications of all the touch panel gear but it seem intriguing.

Thanks for the links.

Dave
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics