linking to templates stored on an external hard drive.

Posted by healdsburger 
linking to templates stored on an external hard drive.
March 24, 2008 01:04AM
Hi all,

While there are plenty of threads that deal with external storage, I can't seem to find one that discuss how to link back up to fcp templates, themes, etc. stored externally. Recently, I installed leopard and to free up more space for it I moved some DVD studio pro items onto an external hard drive. I don't know how to let DVD Studio Pro know where the new location of these files is. I've tried making aliases, which didn't work, and importing items, which makes dvd studio pro think I'm using "custom" items. This seems like it should be an easy thing to do... what am I not seeing?

Thanks.
Re: linking to templates stored on an external hard drive.
March 24, 2008 07:38AM
Mee too.. I have all the templates etc on my media HD for later use. I really hope someone knows what to do.
March 24, 2008 01:04PM
hi, guys-

I did this on my G4 laptop. In DVD Studio Pro>Preferences click on Destinations. Click on the drop-down and change that to Palette Elements. Hit the "Choose" button and navigate to the external drive for each both Stock and Custom libraries (even if you don't have anything custom...it's cleaner). Select those and then "OK"-button your way out of the Preferences Pane.

It should remember this, even if you launch without the external drive. I accidentally launched DVD SP the other day without my external attached. It complained that it couldn't find the external drive, but it didn't reset itself to default, which is nice.

deb
March 24, 2008 09:08PM
Long Live debe smileys with beer

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

March 24, 2008 10:55PM
Well, not too long.

I don't wanna outlive my retirement accounts!!

Thanks, though, Joey...

I'll take that virtual beer now! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics