Keyboard Custom Settings

Posted by Rochelle Watson 
Keyboard Custom Settings
March 28, 2008 01:26PM
Hello,
I've got FCP 6.0.2 on a new MacPro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon. Mac OS 10.5.2. I can't seem to get FCP to recognize my custom keyboard settings. They come up on the custom layout "picture", but will not respond! I had a similar problem a year ago, my old G5 with a new "thin" keyboard. I fixed it in the system preferences...but nothing I seem to do will work on my new system. I'm addicted to my keyboard layout. Please, Help!!
Thanks,
Rochelle
Re: Keyboard Custom Settings
March 28, 2008 02:21PM
> I fixed it in the system preferences...but nothing I seem to do will work on my new system.

Do you have Dashboard or Expose settings in your System Preferences that can interfere with your shortcuts? Have you already dumped FCP preferences?

www.derekmok.com
Re: Keyboard Custom Settings
March 28, 2008 02:30PM
Hi Derek,

Phew. I've finally got them working. I kept noodling...yesterday I unchecked the "F1, F2, standard function" box in the keyboard setting of preferences and dinked around with turning off the dashboard/expose F1 thru F10 keys in the keyboard shortcuts window. Didn't work. Just now went back to the Keyboard window, checked the F1, F2 box, and YAY! My custom settings are working. Thanks for your speedy reply...I believe you jogged my memory about the checkbox.
Cheers,
Rochelle
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics