Lav Article Debuts

Posted by Dan Brockett 
Lav Article Debuts
April 06, 2008 06:43PM
Hi all:

It's finally live. 16 models of lavalier mics tested, 105 images, 83 sound samples.

Hope that this helps you buy the best lavalier for your needs.

[www.kenstone.net]

Dan
Re: Lav Article Debuts
April 06, 2008 08:33PM
Dan,

I now know more about lav mics that I ever thought possible!

Great community resource for anyone working with sound.

Thanks.

Mark
bj
April 06, 2008 08:48PM
Wow
What a great article Dan
Thanks
Bj
April 06, 2008 10:22PM
Hi guys:

Glad you liked it. Yes, the goal is to make us all crazily recite lavalier specs in our sleep!

It was interesting, when I wrote the shotgun/cardioid article, there is quite a bit of content out there but I could not find anything with a methodical and comprehensive body (specs, tests, opinions) of information.

With the lavs, when I researched, there was hardly any comprehensive information on them at all, which I found suprising.

Next up, I am working on a "How To Rig A Lavalier" article that will feature step by step instructions along with models!! and some good images to show you how to use a lav like the sound pros do. I need to find a female volunteer for the rigging photos, this could get tricky. How many non-professional models want their cleavage, bra front and inside of shirt on the internet? I am going to have to sweet talk someone ;-)

Then, wireless lavalier systems.

Best,

Dan
April 07, 2008 12:09AM
One of the worst things about being an actor was when the sound guy came to wire you up early in the morning on a freezing day outside with cold hands. "Lift your shirt please."

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 07, 2008 10:49AM
Yes, it can be painful when it's cold. I bet it's better now because as an emcee and master of ceremonies, you get to wear your lavs outside your shirt ;-)

Dan
April 07, 2008 10:53AM
I get to wear one of those cool headsets with the teeny tiny thin mic. Makes ya feel special.

smiling smiley

So I'm guessing this Lav article comes in at 236 pages?

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 07, 2008 12:15PM
Oh yeah, the Britney mic.

Yes, it was a big one but that's what happens when you have to cover 16 pieces of gear in one article.

D
April 07, 2008 12:44PM
Been reading in spurts. Great job Dan!

Michael Horton
-------------------
April 07, 2008 11:09PM
Dan -- great timing (for me) in market to buy new lavs and this is about the most exhaustive testing and review anywhere - thanks - great work - Andy
April 08, 2008 12:37AM
Hi Andy:

So glad that you are finding helpful. Eventually we will exhaust audio and will have to move to lighting, cameras, etc. but I still have about half a dozen for sound left in me ;-)

Dan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics