Export using Quick Time Movie

Export using Quick Time Movie
April 08, 2008 06:13PM
I find that when I export a sequence using Quick Time Movie, everything looks overexposed compared to how it looked in the sequence in FCP. I have checked the settings and don't think the problem is there. I have another project that exported well, and I have tried making a new sequence with a couple of shots from the problem project, entering it into a new sequence in the project that was successful and exporting it out of that project, but that didn't make any difference. Still blown out images. I'm stumped. What could be causing it? I am using FCP 5.
Re: Export using Quick Time Movie
April 08, 2008 08:12PM
FCP and QT handle gamma differently which is why there is the shift. Viewing footage on a calibrated external b'cast monitor is the only way to get an accurate representation of your image.

-A
Re: Export using Quick Time Movie
April 09, 2008 09:23AM
In Quicktime Preferences (General) there's an "Enable Final Cut Studio color compatibility" checkbox.

It says, "When enabled, video is not displayed using ColorSync. Source colors are read with 2.2. gamma and are displayed in a color space with 1.8 gamma."

I'm using QT 7.4.5

Might that help?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics