File error. Access denied.

Posted by miama99 
File error. Access denied.
April 16, 2008 03:26AM
Help! ... I am suddenly getting that message on every project of mine, on all of several firewire drives. And it's the same if I create a new project.... i re-installed final cut, but the problem persists.

Jim
Re: File error. Access denied.
April 16, 2008 06:52AM
Run Repair Disk Permissions on the hard drives.
April 16, 2008 02:03PM
Look for slashes (/) in file or disk names as well!

- Loren
Today's FCP keytip:
Set Video In & Out separate from Audio with Control I & O !

Final Cut Studio 2 KeyGuide? Power Pack.
Now available at KeyGuide Central.
www.neotrondesign.com
April 16, 2008 02:10PM
Disk Permissions only applies to drives with an OS on them, probably not the case with external drives. Worth doing on the system disk, though. Could try Disk Repair, and some Disk Warrior, on those externals. I'm leaning toward another reason, like what Loren suggested.

Scott
April 18, 2008 01:37AM
I have been nagged by two of these kinds of errors since upgrading from 6.0 to 6.0.2 and now 6.0.3.

I'm not going to get into a religous debate, I know its all my fault, so forth and so on...

Anyway the two error messages which have increased and become a pain are "this file is in use by another application" and "access denied."

I have six FCP stations shared on a SAN of about 20 or more TB's, turning off indexing on the media drives solved the "this file is in use by another application," it was in use by the operating system. Regarding the access denied problem, repairing disk permisions did not solve the problem, FCP has an issue sharing project files between workstations. So the only way that I have found to get around it is to export XML and then open the XML. This seems to clear up any file path or permissions issues.

Good luck
January 02, 2009 10:38PM
Operating system is Tiger 10.4.11. I did a project on my G4 with FCP 5, then upgraded to FCP Studio 2 with FCP 6.

Now when I try to render on a project that was originally captured and edited on FCP 5, I get the message:
! File Error
Access Denied.

I tried repairing permissions and problem still exists. Does any one know what the solution is?
January 03, 2009 10:15AM
1. Make sure you are logged in as the admin

2. In the finder, right click, get info, make sure "ignore ownership on volume" is not checked.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 04, 2009 01:01PM
Thanks, that was it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics