.caf to .aif?

Posted by JoeE 
.caf to .aif?
April 17, 2008 10:59AM
Is there a converter that's out there so that all the caf sfx that I'm using in FCP don't need to be rendered? Bummer that you can't load them into iTunes....
Re: .caf to .aif?
April 17, 2008 11:10AM
What about Compressor, QuickTime Player or Soundtrack Pro?

www.derekmok.com
April 17, 2008 11:42AM
I converted a bunch a few days ago using Logic Pro. Other than that I didn't have much luck finding a 3rd party converter.

Reid C
April 17, 2008 12:14PM
There is a free batch converter I had to search for... called Max... I converted all the Soundtrack and Garage Band's sound effects to .aif.

Just click and your done.

[sbooth.org]
April 17, 2008 08:47PM
If you're using fx out of Soundtrack, just select them in STP, then go to Save as > and change them to aiffs, saving to the project's media folder.

April 17, 2008 11:22PM
I downloaded Max. It was perfect. Thanks!
April 18, 2008 12:04AM
Jude, normally that's what I would do, but I found myself using a lot of the sound effects from their and since there was no batch convert option, converting them all one by one was too tedious.... grinning smiley
April 18, 2008 01:44AM
Logic allows a kinda sorta batch conversion. Select all .caf files in the bin & hit convert. The cool thing about this way of doing it this way is that you get to select sample/bit rate conversions, file formats & interleaved/non-interleaved options while you do the convert. Having said that, I downloaded Max. Simpler for basic fast conversion. Thanks for the tip, Darren!

Reid C
April 19, 2008 08:03PM
Where do you find all of the caf files?
April 19, 2008 09:51PM
In Soundtrack Pro - there are a bunch of sound effects in there in .caf format.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics