QT for mix

Posted by wordsworth 
QT for mix
April 17, 2008 01:22PM
What's the easiest way to create a low res version of my 30gb full quality
QT file, and what would be the best settings to convert the file for a Protools
sound mix? H.264? Mpeg4? I've been trying to do it in MpegStreamclip.
Re: QT for mix
April 17, 2008 01:56PM
h264 optimized for medium or low bandwidth

audio 44.1 sample ( i dont like to loose to much audio quality )

aspect 460x320 or 360x240 these are not defaults but give you something nice to work with should you have go back and use it for the web.

if quality is no biggie you may want to use a the on2 vp6 encoder to get the a high quality flash. It may reduce 30g to something like 1g.

Future use for the video should be your main concern. Ask yourself, "what are the possible uses that i MIGHT have for this video in the future".

If its for a client the keep it at full res by exporting a self contained qt movie from fcp ( not qt conversion) and then storing it on an archive drive. I try to store 2 versions 1 with the graphics included and 1 without (just the footage and the sequence of cuts).

You should have at least 250gigs for storing final cuts of all your projects at full res.

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
April 17, 2008 03:17PM
For the file for the sound mix talk to the person/place doing the mix. Many times they'll have a specs sheet for you to follow.

-A
May 05, 2008 05:28AM
Yes, I agree, the place I mixed asked for DV with a quicktime burn in. Its best to talk to the place that will do the mixing.
May 05, 2008 09:12AM
I regularly work with three different audio houses and each has different requirements for the QTs for the mix. I know two use ProTools. I'm not sure about the third. He doesn't seem to want to talk to anybody very much.

Call 'em up and ask. They'll know!

deb
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics