OT Recommendation Needed for Wide Angle Lense

Posted by Gary Sumlak 
OT Recommendation Needed for Wide Angle Lense
April 23, 2008 06:17PM
I am sorry for this off topic question, but I figured members here may have the experience I need.

I have started doing a lot of event video shoots, and many of them are in very tight situations where the standard 1x does not have a field of view wide enough to capture the entire scene. I've looked at various Wide Angle lenses, .5x & .35x, and all add that Fish Eye look, although the field of view is expanded considerably.

Can anyone recommend a make and model of Wide Angle lens that does not add the "fish eye" distortion?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, even a forum more appropriate for this question. ;-)

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
Re: OT Recommendation Needed for Wide Angle Lense
April 24, 2008 11:29PM
what kind of camera are you using?

if youre talking about a screw on adapter. 16x9inc has a good one.
April 25, 2008 02:59AM
Thanks, Wayne for the reply.

My principle camera is a Panasonic GS400, which has a 43mm screw on ring.

I checked out what I could find on 16x9 Inc and B&H, dvshop.ca and it does not seem any of the lenses go quite that small.

Would you have any other suggestions. If you could supply a preferred retailer link as well, that would be fantastic!

If test the Raynox 0.5x and 0.35x and I found both had pronounced fish eye, although the .35 had almost no vignette were the 0.5x had full circle vignette at max wide angle. Although the Raynox are considerably less expensive than the 16x9inc lenses. Is the 16x9inc lens large enough the not cause "appreciable" fish eye? How is the vignetting?

Thanks
Gary Sumlak
thumbprints Multimedia Inc.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
[www.thumbprints.ca]

*** Superior Film Transfers at a Reasonable Price ***
April 25, 2008 05:59AM
you have to keep in mind that your lens is pretty small. i'd imagine there is not a huge demand, thus also not a huge market for higher quality lens adapters for this size camera.
April 25, 2008 03:01PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics