Importing Batch Lists

Posted by Brett Ramsey 
Importing Batch Lists
July 12, 2001 09:05AM
<HTML>In order to try and save us some very expensive time I am looking to set up a log sheet in Filemaker Pro which we can export into FCP 1.2.5 for batch capture.
Has anybody tried this and if so what are the necessary fields to make it work?
I've exported the list out of FCP but there atre lots of fields that we never use. Apart from the reel name scene, notes and the timecode in and out what else do we need?</HTML>
Re: Importing Batch Lists
August 01, 2001 11:08AM
<HTML>Brett,

I've never used Filemaker Pro, but I can tell you about my (limited)experience on FCP2 using MS Excel for batches. When you export a batch list with all those columns it is best to keep that original export file as a type of template and simply ignore the unused columns. You may need them in the future. And rather than having to scroll all the way across, you can use a split screen in the spreadsheet to "hide" unwanted columns. This (in Excel) will not affect the file when you save it as a Tab Delimited Text file.

I do not know if you create a spreadsheet with only the headings that you want, if that will import correctly. I can only suggest that you give it a try with a small sample batch.txt file in a New Project and see what happens. Personally, I would be interested to know your results.</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics