getting from 30 to 23.98

Posted by Scott Erickson 
getting from 30 to 23.98
April 30, 2008 12:45PM
OK, i've been asked to mix a bunch of disparate media together and i want to make sure i do it right. I know FCP is open-format now but i dont want to be ignorant.

The majority of the footage i shot at 720P 23.98 and thats what the sequence is set to. I have some stuff that is pure 24 but its not too long so im not too worried about audio drift. My main concern is i have some animation that is at 30fps and was designed as tradeshow graphics for a display computer and is not in anyway broadcast spec.

If i simply drop that in to my sequence, how is FCP getting to 23.98? Dropping frames, blending frames, etc? Is there a better way to prep this media through Compressor? There's no audio or anything so thats not an issue but i dont want any jumps in the animation. I might be able to get access to the original After Effects file, can simply changing the Comp frame rate to 23.98 take care of everything or would that mess up the timing of everything? thanks for any help!
Re: getting from 30 to 23.98
April 30, 2008 02:18PM
www.nattress.com

FILM EFFECTS.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Re: getting from 30 to 23.98
April 30, 2008 04:46PM

... I might be able to get access to the original After Effects file, can simply changing the Comp frame rate to 23.98 ...
That would be the best approach, but use 23.976

Andreas
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics