Trouble getting progressive from fcp

Posted by Göran 
Trouble getting progressive from fcp
June 02, 2008 09:53AM
Hi all!
Here´s the situation:
Done an animation from still images in After Effects. Rendered with animation codec progressive.
Imported in FCP and dropped it on a new sequense and the settings says animation and field order none. But in the item properties for the clip it says lower fields. Why is that?
Changed the field order to none and exported a quicktime movie.
I imported the qt into after effects to see how it would interpret the clip and guess what; lower fields!
What´s wrong here? I need to deliver a progressive quicktime and right now I have no way of telling if my file is progressive or interlaced.

Can anyone please shed some light on this?

Thank´s
Re: Trouble getting progressive from fcp
June 02, 2008 10:36AM
Have you tried compressor H264?

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
June 02, 2008 10:54AM
Are you on FCP 6? Inserting the clip into a new timeline will prompt itself to adjust to your clip settings. If it changes to lower field, check your broadcast monitor to see if it displays interlacing on movement... else, final cut might actually be misinterpreting it (although unlikely, not with the last bunch of animation clips i tried) hit apple 9 and change field dominance to none, change sequence to none and export.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 02, 2008 11:20AM
Hi and thank´s!
I´m on FCP6 and wen I dropped the on the new timeline clip I entered YES to adjust the timeline to animation and when I looked at the settings everything is ok, animation codec and none on the interlace. But if I right click on the clip in the timeline and go to item properties it´s interpreted as lower fields. And when I change it to none and export it and bring that clip in to after effects, after effects interpret the clip as lower fields.
When I play the clip on my monitor it´s hard to see if it has been interlaced since the original clip from AE was progressive. So now I´m confused if the clip is interlaced or not.
Is there another way to check that?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics