YA 24P log and capture issue

Posted by floodfoot 
YA 24P log and capture issue
June 03, 2008 10:38AM
I shot a project using 24P standard. I am looking to mix in other formats (VHS,MPG, Digital 8, Etc) when I edit this down In FCP. I am currently using FCP 6.0.2 on a MacBook Pro 2.4 GHZ Inetel Core. I may have messed on the capture settings. I thought I went through the easy setup, but I'm looking in the browser at the captured clips and it shows me that the "Vid Rate" is at 29.97. I have Noah's DVD and he mentions that you should go through the easy setup options and select "DV-NTSC 24P (23:98)". He also mentions that you should set the Sequence settings to "DV NTSC 48 KHZ - 23.98". Now is this okay? I would like to mix in other formants onto the sequence. Do I have the change the capture settings as well as the sequence settings when using a non 24P file?
I think I might just be getting a little confused. Noah mentions that you can go ahead and edit everything on a 29:97 timeline. And if I did capture my clips the wrong way is there a way to go back and fix it without having to recapture? All in all the clips look fine when played down.
Any help would be appreciated.

Jim
Re: YA 24P log and capture issue
June 03, 2008 08:33PM
Noah is talking about 24PA, not 24P standard with the 23.98 settings. Isn't he? Mixing different frame rates will be an issue since they are likely 29.97. How are going to conform those?

As I understand it, 24P standard should only be used when the result is going to be transferred to film.

Kevin Monahan
Social Support Lead, DV Products
Adobe
Adobe After Effects
Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe After Effects and Premiere Pro Community Blog
Follow Me on Twitter!
Re: YA 24P log and capture issue
June 04, 2008 11:56AM
I believe it's 24P A (advanced) is what you would use when transferring to filme.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics