FCP beachballing on export??

Posted by Phil UK 
FCP beachballing on export??
June 25, 2008 10:03AM
A continuing saga of calamity due to storage, server and various other troubles. I have a project operating with media on a SAN system one section of which works fine the other suffering. I have a sequence needing export linked to media on SAN that is suffering and so when I try to export it's beachball and FCP not responding then force quit. Isa there any way out of this. I've tried to export sequence to new project...same thing. Cheers Phil UK
Re: FCP beachballing on export??
June 25, 2008 10:30AM
Any way to copy the media to a local disk before exporting? Media Manager, for example?

www.derekmok.com
June 25, 2008 11:31AM
I have copied all media to another drive (SAN working)..two segments of media are not re linking for some unknown reason.
June 25, 2008 11:36AM
Ouch. It sounds like a quite a long ride of a job for you. It certainly seems related to the storage/connection that you're on. FCP is having problems accessing the source footage, hence the beachball.

Hmm... Derek's copying the media files with media manager to a more easily accessible location for your machine is an option...

Option 2. If media manager doesn't work. You could try this- duplicate the project, select all the clips from the sequence, reveal in finder and manually copy them to a trustable drive (internal, firewire, scsi or esata). Then disconnect the machine from the SAN storage, and reconnect the missing clips. Can't remember if you can do it in bulk or if you have to do it manually one at a time.

www.strypesinpost.com
June 25, 2008 11:38AM
I have taken Dereks advice although I'm getting File Attribute Mis match re connecting media from BIN - the names have'nt changed and it does'nt make sense. Man!!!
June 25, 2008 11:52AM
You could ignore the file attributes mismatch... It's a common pop up in FCP 6. Doesn't mean much most of the time.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics