QT to WMV

Posted by Mario 
QT to WMV
July 09, 2008 06:23PM
Hello,

I have a problem getting my wmv's to look good. I use final cut to edit the footage, in DV/DVCPRO-Ntsc then I export using Quicktime Movie. Selecting the DV/DVCPro ntsc.

that output looks good and thats what we use to make our dvds.

then we send that mov over to a PC and import it into AVID, then we use the AVID to export the WMV.

Now for some reason our WMV's look like crap, they constantly have what look like interlace lines, or are just bad quality. I've tried many different options and none seem to make a difference. In fact sometimes using the same setting for two different movies, one will look good the other will look like crap. I can't figure out what we are doing wrong. Is it in the settings? Is it in final cut or avid, is it a mov vs wmv?

any help you could give would be great.

Thanks
Mario
Re: QT to WMV
July 09, 2008 06:48PM
The only reasonable conversion from QT to WMV is Flip4mac plugin to Quicktime pro.

WMV's always look worse than QT anyhow.
Re: QT to WMV
July 09, 2008 11:28PM
I have just gone through converting 100 Quicktime movies to WMV. At first I was trying to import into Windows Media Encoder because of the crappy FCP to wmv conversions but kept getting codec errors.

I discovered after much frustration that the best .wmv is created by using Flip4Mac through Compressor. The same file exported directly from FCP was completely unusable but looked spectacular through compressor.

Steve
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics