Corrupt Project

Posted by Brian 
Corrupt Project
July 12, 2001 07:45PM
<HTML>Hi, I am in somewhat of a project emergency. A saved FCP 2 project has become corrupted. Does anyone know of ANY way to revive it? It crashes the computer when opened. I can see all the data in the file using File Buddy, but I don't know what to do with it. Also, I have Resourcerer and Res-Edit. Can these help me? Any ideas would be appreciated as I just lost a week of work. I have been backing the file up, but it is an older version of the project.

Thanks!</HTML>
Re: Corrupt Project
July 13, 2001 01:19AM
<HTML>If indeed it IS corrupted then there really IS no way of salvaging it. You are forced to go back to an older version. You an run a disk Utility such as Nortons or Tech Tool to try and fix it but I know of no way using res edit or Resourcer to fix a corrupted file. That's a question for the big time "tech heads."

mike</HTML>
July 13, 2001 11:27PM
<HTML>Okay, I'm no genius but, this happened to me . I did the following by accident, and the Damaged project opened back up. I remembered
having trouble with on or two clips in the project when it came up "damaged" or whatever it said. "corrupt " ... Anyway, I tossed them
and the project opened back up fine. Those clips i simply recaptured.
i suggest ,if you have no leads on a possibly offensive clip start opening al of them from your HD in quicktime , you might find a culprit.</HTML>
July 13, 2001 11:59PM
<HTML>Dang good idea Roger. I'd imagine it would work providing it IS a clip that is corrupted. Trouble is, it is often the render files that get corrupted and you can't open those things up.
back up, back up, back up.

I will steal your idea Roger.mike</HTML>
July 18, 2001 01:45PM
<HTML>OK, I've solved the problem. After trying everything possible, I tried one last thing, changing the name of the 'corrupted' project. To my amazement, it opened. I don't know why this happened, but I was able to duplicate it on some other projects that didn't open. Is this a FCP 2 bug or is it my computer? I don't know, but it worked!

Brian</HTML>
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics