HDV VTR Recommendations?

Posted by indras 
HDV VTR Recommendations?
August 21, 2008 07:57AM
Looking for advice on a VTR so I can edit HDV and DV recorded on both Sony and Panasonic cameras. It also should be able to play full sized tapes. I have a Kona Card with my FCP system that will support HD and RS-422 would be nice to have as well. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
EMC
Re: HDV VTR Recommendations?
August 21, 2008 12:46PM
Check out Sony's new HVR-M15UA or M25UA decks just released. These VTR's are suppose to playback 24p/30p HDV footage shot on Sony's V1/Z7's & Canon HV-20/30 etc., a well as SD DVCam/MiniDV. The main difference between the 15 & 25 is the later has hdmi out and a front display, but it also costs more. The M15UA sell for about $2k @ J&R. Do not confuse these with the original M15/25U...those VTR's only playback 60i HDV (+DV).

On a side note, as an M15U owner I'm hoping Sony will offer some kind of firmware update or some other kind of upgrade program (tape mechanism?) for owners of the original M15/25U decks but I'm not holding my breath...I emailed them a month ago and got no response, but at least there's now an affordable VTR that has "universal" HDV playback that will make life a little easier for Editors.
August 21, 2008 12:53PM
It's important to note here that Canon has two 24p formats. There's the 24p variety shot by the HV20 and HV30, which plays back just fine as if it were 60i footage 'cause it is. And there's the 24F variety shot on the XL H1 series, which won't play back on anything other than an XL H1, an HV20 or an HV30.

August 22, 2008 04:38PM
I have an HV10 that plays back the Canon HDV stuff and it is affordable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics