HVX 200 Workflow

Posted by J.Garcia 
HVX 200 Workflow
August 29, 2008 01:27PM
I have not work with hvx footage yet, I will be receiving a drive with footage shot 24pn at different frame rates to accomplish nice slow motion.

I am running FCP 5 (last version) on a 2.33 macbook pro 3gb ram with Graid 500

What FCP set up I should use for 24pn footage also how should I deal with the diferent frame rates to achieved the slomos!!

Is there a link were I could read about working with P2 & hvx footage on FCP?

Also wondering were can I read about dealing with RED Camera workflows in FCP

thanks

J. García
Re: HVX 200 Workflow
August 29, 2008 01:47PM
>how should I deal with the diferent frame rates to achieved the slomos!!

You can use the built in Dvcpro HD Frame Rate Converter in Final Cut Pro to convert them to your sequence frame rate (which should be 24fps in this case). Make sure you do not overwrite the clips as you alter the framerate.

Alternatively, as the DvcproHD Frame Rate Converter doesn't work for PAL frame rates, so I use Cinema Tools to conform the clips to 25fps.

www.strypesinpost.com
August 29, 2008 08:49PM
Frame Rate Converter is only for footage from a Varicam, where the slomo is achieved on tape, if its shot on an HVX, the camera reassembles the frames as standard 24P footage in camera so treat it no differently than normal footage. Its all 23.98 in FCP's eyes so use a standard set up.

Go to DVXUser for details about both the HVX and RED...
August 30, 2008 01:23AM
Not necessarily Scott. If you shoot 720p60 with the HVX-200, you can use the FRC to convert that to 23.98 slow motion.

Mr. Garcia...The setting you want for 24PN footage is DVCPRO HD 720p24. For fantastic slow motions, either shoot 720p60 with the frame rate of 60 in the camera, and use the Frame Rate converter to slow it down, or in the camera, shoot 720p60 with the frame rate of 24. This will make the camera shoot slow motion and record it as slow motion....pretty cool.

Here are forums for working with P2:
[www.dvxuser.com]
[forums.creativecow.net]

And article about working with P2:
[library.creativecow.net]

A blog about working with P2:
www.LFHD.net

A tutorial about the P2 workflow in FCP:
[library.creativecow.net]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
August 30, 2008 12:05PM
thanks so much.
I ll start this on monday, and you guys might see me again... One more thing to burn the final edit to sd DVD?
August 30, 2008 01:48PM
>One more thing to burn the final edit to sd DVD?

No prob. Drop that in Compressor and let rip. It won't touch the framerate, and DVD players will add an on-the-fly pulldown. Alternatively, you can also drop that in an SD timeline, and apply a mild blur or 3-way CC to beat any artifacts or any color shifts that may occur when downscaling.

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics