Timeline Playhead

Posted by anthem 
Timeline Playhead
September 08, 2008 10:11AM
I've done a search for this, but I'm not sure the best way to explain what I mean; hope some you guys can decipher this:

Every time I add a clip to the timeline, the playhead automatically goes to the end of the clip. This is fine if I'm dealing with short clips, but it's kind of annoying for long clips. Is there a way to prevent FCP from doing this?
Re: Timeline Playhead
September 08, 2008 10:38AM
I don't think so, since the Playhead is following the last clip end because you placed it there on a previously last clip end?

It is because FCP uses 3 point edits which take two timecode points from the incoming clip and the third point is the last frame of the current clip. Where you put the playhead is where the next clip will be placed on the timeline.
September 08, 2008 10:39AM
That's a standard behaviour. Add a clip to the sequence, add a following clip. I won't want the playhead to go anywhere else in the timeline and have my next few clips inserted in god knows where.

www.strypesinpost.com
September 08, 2008 10:45AM
Just press the up-arrow when you are done, that will jump back to the head of the last clip you added.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
September 08, 2008 10:54AM
Thanks much, guys...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics