Bringing a DVD into FCP 5

Posted by seeker 
Bringing a DVD into FCP 5
September 24, 2008 03:25PM
I have saved a old project (FCP3 or 4) onto DVD via iDVD. Now I want to work on it again. Update it and add more stuff. How do I bring it back into FCP 5 with audio et al.? I can get the video in OK, but the audio will not transfer.
Re: Bringing a DVD into FCP 5
September 24, 2008 03:31PM
The answer is in the FAQ Wiki

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 24, 2008 03:43PM
I didn't get anything looking for "extracting video from DVD to FCP". Then told me I must be sysops. What happened?
September 24, 2008 03:52PM
Dont use exact phrases to do a search. Try one or 2 words or just click on the appropriate title in the contents such as "DVD" in this case.

Michael Horton
-------------------
September 24, 2008 04:00PM
OK Got it. "Streamclip" But, I get the video no problem, just that the audio won't follow. What's happening?
September 24, 2008 04:34PM
> I get the video no problem, just that the audio won't follow. What's happening?

Did you check the Audio box when using MPEG Streamclip?

www.derekmok.com
September 25, 2008 08:02AM
No, Derek, I was referring to FCP. As you noted, the video comes over fine, just no audio and I am sure there is a good reason for it, I just don't know it. I assume it is the file form.
Streamclip: I am still hacking around with and not having much luck. Probably didn't check the box.
September 25, 2008 09:07AM
> As you noted, the video comes over fine, just no audio and I am sure there is a good reason for
> it, I just don't know it.

The usual cause of this is that the file is muxed. But MPEG Streamclip demuxes the clip and allows audio to come in, so you should check your steps and settings there.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics