OT: Recommend DL DVDs?

Posted by Jeff Harrell 
OT: Recommend DL DVDs?
October 01, 2008 08:14AM
More and more I'm being asked to deliver more footage than will conveniently fit on a single-layer DVD. (Think dailies and such.) I've decided it's time to start keeping DL DVDs around the shop.

Can anybody recommend a good source for these? The only catch is that the ones I burn need to have a reasonable chance of being playable in Fred McRandomProducer's home DVD player.

Right now I'm looking at the Ritek DL DVD-Rs from tapestockonline.com.

Re: OT: Recommend DL DVDs?
October 01, 2008 09:35AM
to my knowledge any dvd player purchased after feb 2007 will play dual layer?

DVDs

""" What you do with what you have, is more important than what you could do, with what you don't have."

> > > Knowledge + Action = Wisdom - J. Corbett 1992
""""
October 01, 2008 09:38AM
I can only say that I purchased a 25 tray of RIDATA DL-DVD-R media from supermediastore.com and when they are inserted in four different DL Pioneer capable burners, they go in and spin and come back out. (Quad G5, MacBook Pro, Firewire external. etc)

I was forced to use Sony DVD+R media to burn DVD media to. ????????????????????????????

Wish I knew why??
Anonymous User
October 05, 2008 02:07PM
Verbatim is really good. Or Taiyo Yuden is a professional brand. Always purchase (-) minus formats. Never + formats.

Also, if loss of quality is not a problem you can always burn additional hours of footage to a single layer dvd with Toast (fit to disc compression). depending on your project this may be an option or if you have a client that wants multiple hours of VHS quality you can squeeze it with Toast.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics