Question For NATRESS G MAP FRAME users

Posted by Francois-Michel 
Question For NATRESS G MAP FRAME users
October 07, 2008 11:49PM
Hi guys,
I have to output a 23.98 PsF sequence on a HDCAM SR. But the final result, i mean the master have to be 29.97 since its for TV.

Im wondering if i can duplicate the 23.98 sequence and past it in a 29.97 sequence than apply the G MAP FRAME plug-in on it to conform the sequence in a 29.97 sequence than output straight on HDCAM SR as the VTR set up in 29.97.

I already posted about that problem but it was more about the conversion via the KONA CARD, since i did a test and it wasn't really good.

Thanks guys.
Re: Question For NATRESS G MAP FRAME users
October 08, 2008 08:39AM
I'm not sure what you mean by "it wasn't really good," but your Kona I/O board will insert standard 3:2 pulldown into a 23.976 sequence on output, if you tell it to. Just choose a 29.97 easy setup and go.

October 08, 2008 08:44AM
Map Frames is not for that kind of conversion. There are two ways to put 24p properly out to 29.97fps - use a card like the Kona that adds pulldown in real time on output over HD-SDI or use G Film Converter to add 3:2 as a render process. Both should produce identical results on tape.

Graeme

[www.nattress.com] - Plugins for FCP-X
October 08, 2008 05:03PM
As another hardware option, there is a frame converter board that is an option for the SR deck. If the deck is fitted with one you can record your 23.98 master, then make a dub to 29.97 for broadcast.

-Vance
October 09, 2008 04:20AM
Ok ok guys, i figured it out about the Output process via the KONA 3 Card.

The thing i wasn't doing was to set the video playback output properly in FCP.

My timeline is 23.98 but i got to choose 29.97 as the video playback output in FCP, than in the FRAME BUFFER of the KONA 3 card in the AJA control panel i got to change it in 29.97 thats it !

Now the KONA 3 card give the option of outputting from the SDI out in 29.97.

THX a lot guys.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics