YOU TUBE

Posted by ERIC B 
YOU TUBE
October 30, 2008 12:49AM
What's the best way to export my HD Timeline to play on You Tube?
Anonymous User
Re: YOU TUBE
October 30, 2008 10:35AM
im going to email you in a few minutes with a compressor droplet that i have made to upload videos (mostly HD) to youtube. it works great and gets you the high quality feature on youtube.
Anonymous User
October 30, 2008 12:43PM
I would very much appreciate it if you would email that droplet to me, too, please. TIA, kl
October 30, 2008 04:15PM
Ah...hate to be a beggar also, but would you email me too???
October 30, 2008 04:38PM
Why not put it somewhere for everyone to download. I know I would like to have it too.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
October 30, 2008 04:55PM
Steven

You can post a link to where the droplet is on the news and announcements forum.
Also Kit, look at DVKitchen. You can download a free trial. Its pretty awesome.

[www.lafcpug.org]

Michael Horton
-------------------
October 30, 2008 11:42PM
Please me too! Send me a link, pretty please with sugar on top? Jen
October 31, 2008 11:27AM
OK, so I actually did a write up about this topic and included my Compressor settings at the bottom of the page. This should help everyone...

My point in the article is that it's not a simple process to get HD to look good on the web or a DVD. If you want quality, you have to go through a two step process, Resize for your destination and then change to your delivery codec. However, I did build a one-step setting to get things up on YouTube quickly that I now mostly just use for client previews and the like.

So the info to get the best quality is there but i give you both of my settings at the bottom. Hope this helps...
Anonymous User
November 01, 2008 06:05PM
Thanks so much for this, Shane.

A quick Q.: in the Virtual Clusters note on your site (OT, but relevant, definitely), where exactly in Sys Prefs is that screen found? I am on the road right now, but when I look at Sys Prefs on the MacBook, I can't see where I might expect this to appear. Or does it only appear on the Quad/Octo G5 prefs? Or does some software have to be installed first? TIA

Cheers, kl
November 01, 2008 06:21PM
> but when I look at Sys Prefs on the MacBook, I can't see where I might expect this to
>appear

that would be Qmaster, but you won't need it on a MBP. You can only use multiple instances when you have a bundled Intel processor (quad, octo).

www.strypesinpost.com
Anonymous User
November 01, 2008 06:58PM
Hello; got that---the missing bit was Qmaster is a part of Compressor. I have not installed FCP 6 or Compressor yet on the big machine; hence have not seen this. Thanks for that, kl
November 03, 2008 10:03AM
That's not true, actually. I have a Virtual Cluster set up on my MBP and it works just fine. All you need for clusters is more than one processor instance and MBPs are Dual Core so there you go. You just need to have enough RAM to make it worth splitting your cores.

It's not nearly as much of a bump in processing time as on an Octo but it does help a bit.

Although one thing i've noticed on virtual clusters in general, if you have a short clip, say a couple of minutes, Clusters are actually slower. It may finish the encode faster but then you have to wait for it splice it all back together, which ends up taking more time than just compressing with a single instance.
Anonymous User
November 03, 2008 03:51PM
Thanks for that, Scott: I will set my Quad G5 up like this as soon as I get back home. cheers, kl
November 10, 2008 03:11PM
Wow. This was something I didn't figure could happen! Dual G5, 2 instances, 2/3 the encoding time! WoooHooo!

www.strypesinpost.com
November 10, 2008 07:26PM
However you upload it...just make it GOOD!

[www.theonion.com]

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics