BPAV files Xcam

Posted by jim 
jim
BPAV files Xcam
November 14, 2008 11:49AM
I am having a problem importing files into FCP; files that were generated using Sony Xcam camera.

Here is what I did:

I copied the BPAV folder that existed on the SxS card to a hard drive after filming, with the hope that I could later take this folder and import it into XDCAM Transfer or to Log and Transfer in FCP.

Both of these methods have not produced results.

When trying to add a source in XDCAM, I navigate to the folder on my hard drive (BPAV) and import but get "no clips"

In FCP, I do the same process and get the error "BPAV contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure...."

As I look in the BPAV folder on my hard drive there are other folders and files within, that include
"CLPR", inside that folder there are other folders; each containing .mp4 files and .smi files and .ppn files.

Is there any hope here?

I run FCP 6.0.3 and XDCAM Transfer 2.1.0

my system is a Mac powerPC G5 Dual 2GHz OS X 10.4.11

Thanks
Re: BPAV files Xcam
November 14, 2008 04:40PM
I import and convert all of our XDCAM footage independently of FCP. To accomplish this you need both the Sony Clip Browser software (version 2x) or ShotPut, and the Sony XDCAM Transfer software. This is the software that FCP evokes when you go to file/import/Sony XDCAM in FCP.

If you simply copied the BPAV from the SXS you omitted the first step. Since this is basically the camera negative or RAW data I recommend using either clip browser or ShotPut, both applications transfer the BPAV folder keeping its file structure in tact, but equally important they verify the integrity of the data so you can reformat the SxS cards with confidence.

Using Sony's XDCAM Transfer you need to navigate to the folder that contains the BPAV folder you want to transfer, NOT to the actual BPAV folder itself. If you navigate to the BPAV folder you will get the "no clips" message.

That's true whether you use this application or from within FCP.
November 16, 2008 08:20PM
Hi Jim,
You simply need to download the latest drivers for XDCAM log and transfer and XDCAM Transfer ( Latest version ) from the Sony web site.

I am sure if you do that it will work perfectly.

here are the links :

SxS drivers for log and transfer [www.sony.ca]

XDCAM Transfer for MAC FCP Version 2.51 [www.sony.ca]

Be sure to downlaod the MAC VERSION NOT WINDOWS Versions...sorry guys i had to wrote windows...brrrrrrrrr.

Cheers
November 17, 2008 08:43AM
Latest version of XDCAM Transfer is 2.7.1
BPAV must be inside ANOTHER folder (separate folder for each BPAV) and you point to that folder with XDCAM Transfer.

In other words
FolderA contains BPAV - point to FolderA
FolderB contains another BPAV - point to FolderB
etc.

BTW update to FCP 6.0.4.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics