Posted by Shane Ross 
Re: New Pro Apps update
November 20, 2008 10:24PM
Wow. Nice Graeme. Just available light?

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 21, 2008 09:31AM
Some available light, and a Brute9 LED light for the highlights.

Graeme
November 21, 2008 09:51AM
Even after all this time, the Red's depth of field is still sexually attractive to me.

November 21, 2008 10:26AM
I cloned and upgraded last night. I fail to see ANY P2 Metadata improvement. What the heck are they talking about?

And yes, the projects are backwards compatible with 6.0.4...at least we have that.

I had to upgrade my OS and QT...but I can live with that. If things go bad, I have that nice clone waiting for me.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
November 21, 2008 10:40AM
Bet ya a support doc on that is coming soon if not out already. You sure about it?

Michael Horton
-------------------
November 21, 2008 10:53AM
Shane Ross
If FCP now has metadata import functions, then that is huge
Final Cut Pro did have those functions before, but the user couldn't see the data within the application. Internally it looks a bit better now, but the user still can't see them in Final Cut Pro.

The MXF4Mac option still seems to a be good one - especially since they teamed up with me to bring in some of my XML knowledge for their upcoming P2 Flow application winking smiley
Below some screenshots about the mapping options.
Global Mapping
Audio Mapping
Final Cut Pro Logging Info

Andreas

Some workflow tools for FCP [www.spherico.com]
TitleExchange -- juggle titles within FCS, FCPX and many other apps.
[www.spherico.com]
November 21, 2008 03:23PM

Even after all this time, the Red's depth of field is still sexually attractive to me.

You scare me Jeff. You draw waaaay too many similes between hardware / software and physical arousal.

Hey Mike,

Send Jeff some pics of the Red Light District in Amsterdam, will ya? smileys with beer

(insert prostitute smilie here)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

November 21, 2008 08:59PM
A cloned drive has been updated with the latest updates. The upgrade seems to be steady. SO far , no probs. I did several tests between FCP 6.0.5 and Color 1.0.3, open, play, grade, save , render, send to... - no problems so far and project files are backwards compatible between FCP 6.0.4 and Color 1.0.2 so I can go back to my main system and work on the same files I worked on with the latest update...
November 22, 2008 10:48PM
>Even after all this time, the Red's depth of field is still sexually attractive to me.

Uh oh. I think i started this. eye rolling smiley

www.strypesinpost.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics