Strange Vibration in the Footage While Previewing it in the Viewer

Posted by Jason08 
Strange Vibration in the Footage While Previewing it in the Viewer
December 01, 2008 01:44PM
Set-up:
HVX200
FCP 6

Hello all, 

I'm in desperate need of a solution/ fix or any helpful suggestions. I just shot an interview in 24PN. I set up a couple of 1000W soft boxes to light the subject, black pipe and drape as the backdrop. It was a very quiet and controlled environment, the camera was zoomed into a fairly tight close up, the camera was  locked down, (no OIS on) and nothing noticeably wrong in the viewfinder. (during recording or during playback ).

Here's problem.... After Log and Transfer and  during playback in the viewer, there seems to be a noticeable vibration in the footage. There was no shaking of the rooms floor, so there shouldn't be any movement in the image at all.  

Timeline set up:

Frame size: (960x720)(16:9) 
Pixel Aspect Ratio: HD (960x720) 
Compressor: DVCPRO HD 720p60 

I do not think the timeline set up is contributing to the problem,  because this "vibration" is noticeable in the viewer prior to dropping it into the timeline.

Is there any software that might remove the vibration or different settings in FCP that might at least minimize this issue?

Any help would be most graciously appreciated. 

Many thanks, 
Jason 
Re: Strange Vibration in the Footage While Previewing it in the Viewer
December 01, 2008 03:24PM
looks like your compressor frame rate doesnt match what you shot...
December 02, 2008 12:21AM
We shoot XDCAM 1080/30p. when we first transitioned to this format we constantly noticed stuttering playback.

I'm not saying this is the same for you, but what we learned was that progressive footage displayed on your computer/FCP monitor does not play well.

We did several output tests and found that once the footage was either exported/encoded to SD DVD, Blu-Ray [which we have not published yet] or output to tape they played fine.
December 02, 2008 04:17AM
. . . maybe run the final edited sequences as quicktimes through the fcp6 shot stabilizer? should smooth it right out.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics