FCP Crashes, must manually shut computer down

Posted by Laurie 
FCP Crashes, must manually shut computer down
December 04, 2008 10:16AM
Mac OSX 10.5.5, FCP 6.0.5, Quicktime 7.5.5, most footage is quicktime.mov Animation 1.76 GB or P2 at 29.97 FPS, Kona Le 6.0.1, Adobe After Effects 8.0.2

I have a recent problem of the FCP crashing while working on two different project . There would be only two filters applied, 3way color correction and deinterlacing, the projects are about a 1 minute each. One project is straight P2 footage the other project are quicktime movies produced by After Effects. With just FCP open and running for minutes or hours, it would crash. Then if there are other applications open they crash as well, including the Finder. I also can't restart when this occurs. I have to manually shut the computer down. It would crash during a playback, adjusting the color, or just adding footage to the timeline. The reason I mentioned the Kona AJA above is this is the most recent add on to my work flow and wasn't sure if this is related.
Re: FCP Crashes, must manually shut computer down
December 04, 2008 11:19AM
What are the Mac's specs? Basic stuff, like which CPU model, how much RAM do you have, and also, what type of storage are you using for your media?

I probably won't be the one to answer your question, but I'm pretty sure the one who will answer will need to know this!

deb
December 04, 2008 11:52AM
If all was groovy before and then the Kona was added to the mix then its most likely a Kona cause. A quick call to AJA might nail down something. Or wait until someone with that card chimes in.

Michael Horton
-------------------
December 04, 2008 12:08PM
Maybe not so much the Kona but the Kona Control Panel. Make sure you have the most recent version for your machine / OS. Aja Tech Support will walk you through any issues. Best Tech Support in da biz.

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 04, 2008 02:39PM
i haven't contact AJA yet, but I did unpleg my Bella editing keyboard and am using the orginal mac keyboard. So far no crashing. I won't really know until I have a full day of it tomorrow.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics