I need to improve Keying out in FCP

Posted by Luie 
I need to improve Keying out in FCP
December 04, 2008 05:28PM
Footage shot on PD 150
Lighting is well done
talent is well lit
using all of fcp studio 2 standard keying out filters, but DV Garage matte seems to be the best.
So using DV Garage.

I get it like almost perfect except this thing green line that follows the edges of the talent and the chair.
Is there any way in FCP that i can get rid of this green line its far to noticeable.

Thanks
Re: I need to improve Keying out in FCP
December 04, 2008 05:37PM
Look at the SPILL SUPPRESSOR option. But DV Garage really should take care of that. It has one built in. Try fiddling with the DV GARAGE settings more.

www.shanerosseditor.com

Listen to THE EDIT BAY Podcast on iTunes
[itunes.apple.com]
December 04, 2008 05:42PM
Thanks Shane, spill suppressor helps but it begines to turn talens skin tone orange red before it makes any significant help.

Any other ideas?
I know it sounds picky but im sure there has to be room for improvement i just cant find the right dial and ive played with all of them over 3 days i just want a touch more control.

Granted is DV footage but its got to be possible.

thanks again.
December 04, 2008 05:50PM
Luie,

I could help you much more if you were in After Effects using Keylight. You will get much better input if you go straight to DV Garage's own Support Forum where they have product-specific threads.

[forums.dvgarage.com]

You say you are using "DV Garage"...that's the company name. Make sure you list the name of the app you are using (DV Matte Blast / DV Matte Pro / DV Matte)

When life gives you dilemmas...make dilemmanade.

December 04, 2008 06:02PM
Great point its DV Matte Pro 1.5

Keylight ROCKS its my favorite, unfortunately i dont have it right now.

But thank you for the forum link im gonna go there and ask.

THANKS a bunch.
December 04, 2008 11:55PM
spill suppressor helps but it begines to turn talens skin tone orange red

which means it WASN'T well lit (or well shot). keylight can do a better job, as can primatte, as can the most recent version of dvmatte but it doesnt have the low level controls that the previous mentioned tools do...
December 05, 2008 12:54AM
December 08, 2008 07:15AM
Have you tried stacking multiple keyers and using each minimally? I like DV Matte a lot, but there were times when one instance of it just wouldn't get the job done all on it's own.

Try stacking a layer of the FCP keyer (or other keyers) in there and see what happens.

HarryD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics