Reconnect = wrong clips

Posted by wordsworth 
Reconnect = wrong clips
December 12, 2008 12:25PM
I have clips playing back with wrong in/out points.

Only thing I can think of is I recently had to copy over a large amount of media, and do a messy Reconnect after a hard drive failure....and now some of my clips aren't matching up....oddly enough it's with media which was never moved, on drives I haven't altered (same directory, name, etc.). instead.

If I open old project files (both in the autosave, or files I saved of the same under a different name) these clips in my sequence are still linking improperly. Right clip, just wrong sections.

I can try and remember my in/outs and fix the clips by hand, but it's a pretty complex timeline.
Is there a way to take the media offline and relink? Or a simpler way to rebuild/solve this?

Thanks!
Re: Reconnect = wrong clips
December 12, 2008 01:24PM
There was a bug in 6.02 that dealt with exactly what you are desciribing when attempting to relink media and multiclips. I lost a couple days worth of sequences at the time, and just stopped relinking any multiclip media.

I believe it was fixed in the 6.03 update.
December 12, 2008 01:35PM
This is the latest update (6.0.5 I think?), and I'm cutting DV format.

Luckily I did find an old project file that's still linking to the right clips, so I'll try dragging them into my screwy sequence as a fix.
December 12, 2008 02:01PM
> Luckily I did find an old project file that's still linking to the right clips, so I'll try dragging them
> into my screwy sequence as a fix.

It's worth a shot, though in the few times I've seen this issue, it's been a media problem, not a project-file problem (ie. importing the clip into a brand-new project didn't help). I think it has to do with the timecode of the source media being screwed up. But it's worth a shot.

Try adding a Color Corrector filter to the clips and then rendering. In my experience, the clips can look okay at first, but completely shift positions when rendered.

www.derekmok.com
December 12, 2008 04:11PM
Will try that test before exporting.... there's a lot of other strangeness going on, even with stills, where it's switching up stills, showing me another still filtered with the color pink....I double click on it and the correct image shows up in the viewer anyway. Then it was leaving lines on the timeline wherever I hit playback...but that stopped.

Any easy remedies here aside from trashing prefs?
Thanks again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics