Border on JPG disappears when I render!

Posted by JoeE 
Border on JPG disappears when I render!
December 31, 2008 12:04PM
I'm using current versions of everything. I've imported jpgs for a credit sequence and put a white border on the jpgs for a photo snapshot look. Everything looks great until I render and then part of the border, the top edge and a bit of the sides, just disappears. The rest of the border looks fine. Anyone ever have this problem?
Re: Border on JPG disappears when I render!
December 31, 2008 12:42PM
What technique are you using to apply the border? Did you apply the Basic Border filter, or put a white object underneath?

If it's the white object, sometimes objects shift when you render -- ie. the preview isn't accurate. Did you try just increasing the size of the white object?

Did you try making a copy of the JPEGs and then doing the border right in Photoshop? That should be foolproof.

www.derekmok.com
December 31, 2008 01:16PM
Hi, thanks for the answer. I am using the basic border tool and yes I've tried adjusting the size and also switching the image to tiff but it's still disappearing. Unfortunately Photoshop is not an option right now, although I may have to go that route later in the process if I can't find a solution.
December 31, 2008 01:26PM
If you don't have time to troubleshoot, try putting the JPEG into a nest, and then put a white Color Matte under it.

www.derekmok.com
December 31, 2008 05:06PM
Oooh, that'll work. Thanks!
December 31, 2008 06:51PM
Have you got a drop shadow applied? That might cause this.

December 31, 2008 08:15PM
Now that Jude's mentioned it, some combinations of Composite modes and filters can also undo other effects. Do you have other effects applied? I've never seen a drop shadow cancel out a border -- not being able to drop shadow the photograph effect would be pretty screwy -- and if that were the cause, you'd probably have to resort to either Photoshop or the white-matte techniques.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics