DVD SP compressing a Raw QT file

Posted by graziemile 
DVD SP compressing a Raw QT file
January 07, 2009 09:05PM
Hello,

I am creating a DVD of a 30 minute program. I export the timeline from FCP as uncompressed QuickTime then import it into DVD SP. When I build & burn the DVD, the whole thing comes out to be around 1.5 GBs.

Since I have approximately 3 more GBs on a 4.7 GB DVD, how can I set DVD SP not to compress so much?

Thank you so much!
Re: DVD SP compressing a Raw QT file
January 07, 2009 09:26PM
There's only so much you can increase in terms of quality settings. DVDs have a "roof" as to the bit rate. If you want more control, use Compressor -- though with a 30-minute show, you still can only increase the quality settings so much before your DVD starts having playback problems.

www.derekmok.com
January 07, 2009 09:35PM
Thanks. Two questions:

1) Is there anything that I can actually do in DVD SP to increase/improve the quality?

2) When using Compressor, I think one video file gets created and 2 audio files (of the two audio files, one smaller and one larger). Is there any difference as to which audio file I take and import into DVD SP? (if my description of Compressor is correct).

Thank you!
January 07, 2009 10:04PM
> I think one video file gets created and 2 audio files (of the two audio files, one smaller and one
> larger). Is there any difference as to which audio file I take and import into DVD SP?

Use the AC3 instead of the AIFF. Much smaller (more room for video) and very little difference in end quality.

> Is there anything that I can actually do in DVD SP to increase/improve the quality?

Go into DVD Studio Pro Preferences - Encoding - Bit Rate/Max Bit Rate. Keep the max bit rate around 7 Mbps; any higher and your disc will have playback problems. There's only so much you can do in DVD Studio Pro, so use Compressor for more control.

www.derekmok.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics