paste settings to all open sequences...?

Posted by wayne granzin 
paste settings to all open sequences...?
January 12, 2009 01:33AM
ok, here is [what i'd imagine is] a pretty out of left field question.

i have about 12, 30sec sequences open. all of which share a random variety of about 30 clips. nearly ALL of them need color correcting. is there a way to color correct a clip and then somehow apply those settings to every instance of it in all open sequences? im feeling some kinda convoluetd "bin" thing coming...

currently im just going to have to do it and manually copy/paste attributes to each time that clips happens. butthats gonna take some SERIOUS copy and pasting...
Re: paste settings to all open sequences...?
January 12, 2009 01:52AM
Usually I do CC clip by clip, but if you're really hard pressed for time, I suppose you could grade the shots you want, drag them to the bin in the browser, do a batch export to a folder in the finder, and disconnect the clips and relink them to that folder with the CC-ed clips. Since timecode/reel numbers are all kept with this form of export, and if you export the full duration of each clip, there shouldn't be much issues with relinking. But do some tests first.

www.strypesinpost.com
January 12, 2009 02:00AM
thats kinda what i was thinking... currently (since this is due in the am) i think im best off to do a clip, then just walk seq to seq and paste attributes where applicable... and i still have to do titles tonight...

sometimes i HATE my job ; )
January 12, 2009 02:17PM
you can use the find command to find just that clip name it will find and select all the clips in that sequence. Then you just paste attributes from the first clip. You have paste on a per sequence basis but it's a great way to color correct a lot of clips after the fact
January 13, 2009 12:52PM
yeah, it was the 12 open sequences that i was hoping to paste to...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Google
  Web lafcpug.org

Web Hosting by HermosawaveHermosawave Internet

Recycle computers and electronics